The Tragedy in CT could have been avoided! This tragedy and the multitude of horrific events that resulted in the death of so many of our citizens and babies was largely the result of the lack of resources and care … Continue reading
Why they do it:
If you are unsure whether your child is an
Dr. Hoffman will be conducting a two-day Forensic Mental Health Evaluators Workshop
Dates are: October 1-2 2009
Location: Ormond Beach, FL 32174 – 595 West Granada Blvd., Suite H (386) 677-3995
This workshop is exclusively for licensed professional counselors!
PsychoCentral.com compiled the following list of therapists habits that readers complain about the most:
1. Showing up late for the appointment
2. Eating in front of the client
3. Yawning during a session
4. Too much self-revelation
5. Being hard to reach by phone, cell phone or computer
6. Becoming distracted by phone, cell phone or computer
7. Expressing racial, sexual, musical, lifestyle and religious preferences
8. Pets are generally not an appropriate part of psychotherapy
9. Hugging and physical contact
10. Inappropriate displays of wealth or dress
11. Clock watching
12. Excessive note-taking
Examples of the above are found in this article.
Owning a Phone
It seems that every elementary school kid has a cell phone these days. And while they
There are those in the field of mental health counseling who profess to be child development specialists. Because of one
1. Does your chiold seem to be changing? Is your child becoming more inrritable, secretive, upredictable, hostile, depressed, uncooperative, apathetic, withdrawn or sullen, less affectionate, easily provoked, or oversnsitive.
2. Is your child becoming less responsible?
3. Is your child changing friends, dress code, or interests?
4. Is your child more difficult to communicate with?
5. Is your child beginning to evidence physical and/or mental deteriorations?
6. Is your child’s behavior becoming more intolerable?
If your are interested in learning more about the soft signs of the above-referenced material, you may contact drnorm at: firstname.lastname@example.org